Saturday, June 6, 2009

Winding Down





We didn't master surfing. It's very hard and very strenous. We found we lack the strength and flexibility to "pop up" when we catch a wave. We would catch them, but not be able to pop from being prone on the board to standing. I kept getting stuck at kneeling. And paddling is exhausting. 

But we were successful at paddle surfing. It, too, is strenuous and requires balance, but we could do it. You can see deep into the water from the standing position. I watched a turtle fly under my board. And you can catch waves. But I wasn't able to keep my balance. If we lived here we would buy boards and get better at it.

Linda wanted surf shots of us to photoshop onto big North Short waves.

And we acquired a volunteer pet. Look closely at our kitchen counter. 

No comments: